I have some good material 'in waiting', but I've been so slammed with work this week it may be the weekend before any of it makes it to the web. I left for work about an hour earlier today in hopes of having a super productive day, and asked my driver to pick me up at 7pm. But, I still didn't make it out to the car until about 7:20, and arrived back at the residence a little after 8pm. Then, I booted my computer back up and went back to it. I finally made it downstairs for dinner about 10:50pm, just in time to get my order in before the kitchen closed. It's 2am now, and I'm hopefully about to hit the hay to get ready to do it all again tomorrow!
Now, don't get me wrong, I definitely got ALOT done today. But the very fact that there was alot to do, and there is still alot to do is where this pattern of long hours can be attributed. Tomorrow I am heading out to our other office location again to meet with my team there.
Here's to hoping that I work less than 15 hours tomorrow! I will leave you with my 5 favorite Indian responses/comments/phrases (in English) thus far!
#5-Pick a word...any word that should be plural and make it singular
#4-"welcome"-While this is perfectly acceptable as a greeting, but the usage I am referring to is in response to "thank you" where you would normally see "you're welcome".
#3-"I have a doubt"-This is used instead of "I have a question". This technically shouldn't be a favorite of mine because it always means more work for me.
#2-"sure, sure"-This one is used rather frequently, and while it can have many meanings (yes, good, yes I understand you but I'm not answering your question, etc.), it most often means "yes", as it should.
#1-The Indian head wobble-This technically also should not really be a favorite of mine, because this non-verbal communication has to be the most ineffective communication there is. I lose my train of thought every time I receive it in response to my questions because it requires all my concentration and energy to not laugh.
Disclaimer: I don't mean these in any ill-intended manner at all. They simply are my favorite responses and keep me entertained while I am at work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment