Another product that I see advertised all of the time that I chuckle at is shampoo. In addition to just your run-of-the-mill normal shampoo, the other half of the shelves are filled with "anti-hairfall" shampoos. I'm definitely used to seeing your shampoos for fine hair, curly hair, thin hair, dandruff, etc., but I don't think (Rogaine products only take up a small margin of the shelves in the states) I've ever seen such an abundance of this type product. I don't know if hair loss is more accelerated in genes over here or what, but apparently their is a huge market for this stuff.
Monday, August 10, 2009
A New Complexion
I am flat worn out tonight, so I'm going to make this short and sweet. I could not sleep for the life of me last night, so I ended up getting up around 4:30am this morning (after 'going to bed' at 2:15am) and working for about two hours, then headed to the gym. I have seen numerous advertisements for a particular product on what t.v. I have watched in my room and also on billboards, but I really didn't pay much attention to it until I was in the gym this morning. The product I am referring to is fairness cream/cleansers. These creams have flooded the market over here. The two commercials I have seen the most are for Loreal and Garnier, which appear to be the female AND male market leaders, respectively. What I find really ironic about this is that American's are constantly striving to get that perfect tan, and just a darker complexion in general, yet Indian's are trying to do the exact opposite! Apparently, in addition to just trying to get fairer skin altogether, these creams also are used (at least advertised to) counter the effects all of the pollution has on the skin.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Bring some of the 'anti-hairfall' shampoo back with you...I know someone who could use it. Haha.
ReplyDelete