Sunday, August 30, 2009
Dakshin
Last night, I went over to the ITC Windsor Palace for dinner at a South Indian restaurant called Dakshin. The cuisines in the country certainly differ between the south and the north, but even more interesting are the different preparations and variations from state to state. Dakshin features dishes from Chennai, Goa, Karnataka (Bangalore is in Karnataka), Kerala, and Tamil Nadu. To add to the dining experience, there were three gentlemen that played live Kannada music in the restaurant. We opted for the set menu (non-veg, of course) for the evening, which consisted of a variety of dishes from the states noted above. Excellent food for the most part, though I was a little skeptical to try a few of the items that were included. Below is a picture of the menu that I thought was pretty cool as it is an Indian handicraft in itself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment