
The restaurant is named after the owner's former golden retriever. In fact, in following the owner's love for pets, each patron is charged Rs. 10 that goes directly to CUPA, which stands for "Compassion Unlimited Plus Action", which is a welfare organization for animals.
This is a "very expensive" restaurant in Bangalore, at least according to all of the food review websites. However, I'll let you be the judge of that. The most expensive single menu item was the seafood platter, which was priced at Rs. 600, or about $12.50. If you went for the filet, for example, and had an appetizer and salad or soup, that would cost you about Rs. 800, or about $15. Easily half the cost for the equivalent in the states!
I started out with Sunny's salad, as I have not had a salad with ANY of my meals until tonight. From the menu description, Sunny's salad sounded good, but I really should have just stuck with a basic salad with dressing as this thing had all kinds of crap in it that I did not want, and was WAY overloaded with blue cheese. For the main course, I ended up going with a fettucini with gorgonzola cream sauce. Very rich dish, but still pretty good. Dessert was a disappointment all around. They had blueberry pie on the menu, so I was set on that. About a minute after I ordered, the waiter came back and said they did not have any. Ok, so I'll just go with the apple pie then (after seeing their dessert selection, I was dead set on getting some kind of 'American' pie). Again, the waiter came back to the table-strike two. I saw pecan pie on the menu as well, but before I struck out, I just settled for the green tea ice cream instead, as I knew the next time the waiter came to the table he would have this in hand. It was ok, definitely not as good as that blueberry or apple pie would have been!
Overall, I would not recommend anyone to go to this place, despite their well known reputation for being one of the best restaurants in Bangalore. The food really was pretty average, and the service was pretty terrible. We waited at least 30 minutes before they completed closing out our check for us, causing our driver to have to wait for that extra time. Also, they automatically added a 10% service charge to the meal, which probably explains the bad service. At least, my theory in the states is that when the waiter knows they have a guaranteed tip already, they are less likely to provide top notch service.

No comments:
Post a Comment