

We then made our way over for dinner at the Taj Residency. Reggie's parents are from Sri Lanka, and he happened to come across an advertisement in the newspaper that the Taj was featuring Sri Lankan Cuisine this week and wanted to check it out. The event was called "Unmask" and featured preparations by Chef T Pabilis Singho, well known master chef and Guiness Book of World Record holder from Sri Lanka.

The deal was buffet style, so I was able to try a wide variety of the cuisine. Pictured here is some lamb, chicken meatballs, Sri Lankan rice with coconut, boiled eggs with pickled onions and cilantro, and pineapple with crushed red pepper. Also not pictured string hoppers. I've always been a fan of fruit salsas, which offer the perfect balance between fruit and spice, but my new favorite has to be this pineapple with crushed red pepper. You should give it a try!

I was intrigued by the glasses they used here. Notice how they are angled at the base and lean.


No comments:
Post a Comment