Monday, July 13, 2009

Day 3

Today was my first day in the office. As I anticipated, the commute was pretty chaotic. Forget about dogs on the side of the road...we now have seen cows. I'm just amazed that I did not see a single automobile accident. Though, when I lived in NYC, I thought the same thing. Props to the drivers, and thank God I have a driver and do not have try to drive in that mess. There are so many motorcyles and scooters weaving in and out of traffic it is ridiculous, and rarely does any vehicle actually stay inside the lanes. Why they even spent money to paint lines on the roadways I do not know. Here is a short video of my commute back to the residences. I will say that this was a rather laid back drive compared to the morning, which I did not capture on video.




I will primarily be working out of our offices at the RMZ Infinity Technology Park. The main building in the park consists of four towers, and EY occupies an entire tower, and also two floors in one of the other towers. The companies located in the other towers are Google, Thomson Reuters, and Boeing. The office space is state of the art and really nice. Definitely exceeded my expectations!

Here are a few photos from the courtyard outside of the office.











There is a food court downstairs called "The Bay", and it has plenty of food options that I think will make my lunch (and maybe dinner) choices easier. In addition to several Indian establishments, there is also a Chinese place (to be reviewed against Chan Lees), McDonald's, Pizza Hut, and Subway. Going forward I will be eating lunch at "The Bay", but on our first day, we walked around the corner to a place called IndiJoe's. I swear this place had stolen my iPod because every song they played was definitely on there. Gotta love the likes of John Lennon, U2, Elton John, etc. in Indian restaurants! This place had a nice buffet style spread, and I kept it fairly simple. We started with a bowl of sweet corn soup and wontons. The items I selected for my main dish were: chili ginger noodles, basmati rice with yellow curry sauce, chili chicken drummets, rosemary potatoes, and roti. All very good!

We left the office around six and after I worked out for about an hour, we just went downstairs to eat dinner at 12th Main again. This place serves a filet, and since we mutually agreed to branch out and not eat dinner there again any time soon, I went with the filet, knowing that any non-hotel restaurant going forward would probably not have beef.

On a side note, I'm interested in finding out why the Coca-Cola bottled water product over here is Kinley rather than Dasani. The Pepsico product is still Aquafina, so I first wondered if this was a change to avoid a Chevy Nova situation that occured years ago. According to Wikipedia, though, Dasani has been withdrawn from the UK (which I think India probably was lumped under that umbrella as well) due to contamination with bromate.



No comments:

Post a Comment