Sunday, July 12, 2009

The First Day

After a short night's sleep and semi-recovering from jetlag, I made it downstairs to the hotel restaurant, 12 Main, for breakfast. Not really sure what to expect, I was pleasantly surprised with the western options. Since I'm still a little hesitant to try some 'real' Indian food, I thought it best to go with the 'safe' breakfast for my first one.

Mind you I passed on the Indian dinner the previous night on the plane, so I was starving. So, I proceeded with the following: 2 fried eggs, hashbrown, toast, cornflakes, mango yogurt, chicken sausage, and mango juice. Not quite an All-Star Breakfast, but pretty darn close. To my enjoyment, an instrumental version of Michael Jackson's "Rock with You" was playing as the background music.

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful as I basically worked on some of these blog entries, unpacked, got settled into my room, and went to the onsite gym. One thing I will say is that this whole metric system is throwing me off. Anywhere from figuring out what temperature to set my thermostat at, to how fast my pace is on the treadmill (and how far I’ve actually run). Good thing Google and Blackberry make this extremely easy to convert.

Oh yeah, almost forgot. The staff who let me into the gym asked me what country I was from (I guess the beard is already making me look un-American in appearance). As soon as I said “United States” he fired back with, “Oh, so you have to deal with Obama then, no?” Classic.

2 comments:

  1. Please, please tell me you are going to grow a moustache while you are there!?! I'm sure it would build loyalty and respect from your subordinates.

    ReplyDelete