Thursday, June 10, 2010

...And Boom Goes the Dynamite

For those return readers, you'll recall that last year I discussed that there are random power outages quite frequently over here. Well, friends, it didn't take long for us to pick up right where we left off. After being in the country for less than 24 hours, the power shut off at my residence THREE times in less than 30 minutes. Talk about annoying. In fact, it has been really bad all week. I think in the office the last two days, the power has shut off at least 10 times. I think if I didn't utter and chuckle to myself, "...and boom goes the dynamite!" everytime it happens, I would probably not even notice it anymore.

Currently, it is the middle of 'rainy season' here, and it has lived up to its name. It is very strange, though. When you think of 'rainy season', you would think it just rains all the time. But in actuality, it will be a beautiful day and all of a sudden it will POUR for about 10-20 minutes and the weather will return to normal. Probably the greatest downside to this is that it makes traffic more unbearable than it already is, primarily due to the fact that all of the two wheelers start lining up in the middle of traffic rather than swerving around on each side of the road in order to avoid the massive puddles. Let me just say that stop and go traffic in a manual transmission vehicle combined with hundreds of horns blowing in every direction leads to some terrible headaches.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds a lot like summer weather in FL. It will be a beautiful sunny day and 10 min. later be pouring rain.

    ReplyDelete