On my way to Bangalore, I decided to make a quick stop in Paris thanks to an extended layover from Delta/Air France! Other than the slight hassle of dragging all my luggage to/from on the RER and Metro (would have been nice to only be carrying a backpack, but I digress), it was a fantastic decision.
I arrived in Paris about 6:30am local time and proceeded to my hotel and dropped off my luggage. My hotel was literally two blocks from the Eiffel Tower, so I proceeded there first (side note: thanks to the points I accumulated at a French run residence in Bangalore for 3 months last year, I was able to score a room at this incredible hotel with some vouchers).
I'll recap the rest of my day in Paris in another post, but for now, here are a few photos.
@ the Eiffel Tower
Eiffel Tower @ Night
Arc de Triomphe
Louvre
Roland Garros (the Women's Final was almost over when I arrived, so I didn't even bother trying to get in)
Notre Dame
The Winged Victory of Samothrace
Mona Lisa

Glad to see you made a quick trip to the Louvre!
ReplyDelete