As I was up against the clock and essentially had less than 24 hours in the city, I tried to maximize my time as much as possible, and put together a gameplan in order to do so. I succesfully was able to visit/see everything that was on my list with the exception of Versailles, which was a "if time permits" item anyway. Here is a brief overview of my one day journey through the streets of Paris:
- Eiffel Tower
- Arc de Triomphe
- Avenue des Champs Elysees
- Louvre
- Notre Dame Cathedral
- Sainte-Chapelle
- Roland Garros
- Trocadero Square
In addition to the above 'noteworthy' sites, I actually walked EVERYWHERE I went, which allowed me to see much more than what is listed above and really take in the French culture. Aside from the RER and Metro ride roundtrip from the airport/hotel, I only took the Metro one other time and that was in order to make it to the Roland Garros grounds before the Women's French Open Championship match concluded.
For those of you who are unaware, once it is dark there is an Eiffel Tower light show that last for approximately 5 minutes. I had this great video perfectly timed to catch the Eiffel Tower just as it was illuminated and all of the "oohs" and "aahs" that followed. Unfortunately, I was a little careless when I arrived in India and a happy trigger finger deleted this video in addition to about 10 minutes of other video walking the streets of Paris. At least I didn't do the same with all of the photos. Here's what my video would have looked like.
While I did see a good bit of Paris, I'd still like to return one day without such a tight timeline and visit all of the museums and dine at several of the restaurants there. Overall, I think it's one of my favorite cities I've ever visited.

No comments:
Post a Comment